More adventures to the USA......... I have a few beliefs in life; ok a lot! When it comes to education, however, I believe that if I am to help my clients…
Source: Prepare for Christmas Detox Plan
Functional Diagnostic testing can be incredibly helpful in the diagnostic work up of patients suffering with chronic health problems….
Do you suffer from any of the following problems?
- Chronic gastrointestinal problems such as IBS, post-infectious IBS, leaky gut, food allergies, food sensitivity, histamine intolerance, inflammation, ulcers, leaky gut, Crohns disease, Ulcerative colitis, etc.?
- Skin problems such as acne, rosacea, psoriasis, itchy skin, hives, eczema, or urticaria?
- Chronic fatigue syndrome or Fibromyalgia?
- Autoimmune conditions such as arthritis
- Elevated cholesterol or heart disease (may be linked to certain microbes)
- Thyroid problems
- Elevated levels of toxic metals?
- Depression, anxiety, or other central nervous system conditions
- Food allergies, gluten intolerance, or multiple chemical sensitivities?
- the list goes on and on and many conditions may seem very far removed from the health of the gut and the functioning of the local immune system in the gut; but they are not! See here for a nice review on Dysbiosis of the gut microbiota in disease
And have you had exposure to any of these?
- Antibiotics as a child
- Multiple courses of antibiotics as an adult
- Severe food poisoning or gastro bugs or gastro-flu
- History of foreign travel
- Well water or exposure to water of questionable quality
- Oral contraceptive pill, stomach acid blockers/ proton pump inhibitors, or steroid medication exposures
- High stress levels
- Poor diet; notably high intake of sugar or foods containing antibiotics or glycophosphates (e.g. processed wheat), or alcohol
- Pets and farm animals
It may be easier than you think to diagnose a significant causative factor to your chronic health problems…
Today I was told that to make the necessary changes to be well will cost too much and it got me thinking about a few things. Firstly my time; I…
Is your Omega-3 Index the best?
Are you interested to test the impact that your diet has on your fatty acid balance? Do you want to see if your index result is better than other clients that have taken the test thus far? The figure to beat is 7.7%
New Test to check your Omega 3 index
And science ramblings asking is farmed salmon good for us? And where are trans fats coming from in our diets?
Introducing the Omega Quant 24-Fatty acid Blood Spot Test
So today I finally sent off my OmegaQuant 24 fatty acid test kit to determine my fatty acid profile; I have been using this test for clients for some time now and it’s about time I evaluated my own status.
I am excited to see how my natural diet is actually impacting fatty acid levels, the balance between these fats, and also to determine the ratios between anti-inflammatory and pro-inflammatory fatty acids; notably my omega 3: omega 6 balance which ideally should be between 1:1 and 1:4. I am also keen to know whether any pesky trans fatty acids are sneaking into my diet and if so will be working on total elimination!
Since I have started into a more serious endurance training regimen I have also greatly improved my fat intake and so I am curious to see the impact of this on not only which fats are in my system but the balance between them as this is important for my health in addition to my sports performance and recovery. I eat fats across the board from full fat organic butter, coconut oil, olive oil, nuts, seeds, animal fats and a small intake of full fat cheese and yogurt. I will share my results when I get them!
Here is my test kit ready to send in the post. Note the little red spot; that is all the blood that you need and any wimp should manage it.
There is an abundance of information on the OmegaQuant website here: http://omegaquant.com/omega-3-index/. I have kits available in the clinic, they come with a pre-paid envelope to return them to the lab in the USA so there is no hassle of buying international stamps. The retail price is $99.95 and I am offering them at a discount rate of €85 (with a little leeway for currency variability).
Please do refer to the website as it is a gem of a site for information on essential fats and scientific research; there is also supportive guidance on where undesirable trans fatty acids may be sneaking into your diet.
Your test results come with a comprehensive explanation of your results alongside supportive charts to explain foods important to raise omega 3. Click here to see a sample report http://omegaquant.com/sample-report-omega-3-index/