“Knowledge is the beginning of the journey back to health; I am here to guide you in the application of that knowledge” Andrea
I believe in getting to the root cause of illness; knowledge of the cause of a condition is power and enables a treatment protocol to be set in place such that health can once again be enjoyed.
Knowing the correct functional and medical tests to take, the correct treatment strategies to commence, and the best individualised diet for a client however is an alchemy that I am striving for… I don’t want to waste your time, money, or emotional reserve. Being ill sucks enough already!
“In order to restore health, we must determine the causes of ill-health and address them one by one….
As many of you know, diet alone is often frustratingly insufficient to cure your health symptoms, and this is because frequently other things may be going on.
For example: chronic gastrointestinal infections, subclinical hypothyroidism, gastrointestinal inflammation and hyper-permeability, food intolerance, viral illness, adrenal hormone imbalance (cortisol, DHEA, sIgA, and also melatonin can be measured), elevated levels of environmental toxic metals, dental amalgam leaching of mercury, autoimmune related inflammation, parasitic infection, stomach hypo-function, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, fatty acid imbalances, and so on.
Depending on the analysis of each individual patient we may decide to run some tests to give us practical strategies to get working on. I have access to a number of tests that will help guide us.
Who will benefit from these tests?
- Patients and athletes looking to act proactively regarding their health.
- Patients suffering with fatigue and poor energy; whether this has been diagnosed officially as CFS or not.
- Athletes suffering with fatigue or suboptimal performance or those simply looking to get ahead of the game and monitor their training macro-cycle or body comp, hydration strategy success, cellular health or nutritional balance.
- Those suffering chronic or acute gastrointestinal conditions such as IBS, Crohn’s, Ulcerative colitis or similar.
- Fertility issues.
- MTHFR mutations
- Hormonal imbalances such as thyroid, adrenal, female or male health imbalances.
- Sleep issues such as insomnia.
- Those wishing to learn about their food allergies/ intolerances, gastrointestinal inflammation, leaky gut or the balance of the gut bacteria.
- Suspected gluten intolerance, non-coeliac gluten intolerance, or coeliac disease
- Suspected mercury, aluminium or other toxic metal toxicity.
- Those suffering from autoimmune conditions or vaccine related side-effects.
- The list could go on and on, please click into the test companies to read more.
What tests are available?
In brief you have access to the tests from the following labs; if you are interested to make an appointment to discuss your needs please fill in the contact form:
OmegaQuant 24-fatty acid analysis
Body-Stat 1500 MDD body fat, hydration markers and cellular health analysis
Genova Diagnostics UK now amalgamated with Metametrics laboratories
Microtrace Minerals Germany suppliers of comprehensive tests for essential and toxic metals; environmental analysis, amalgam mercury release assessment, etc.
Invivo Clinical UK suppliers of Atherotech, Diagnostic Solutions, Dunwoody Labs, European Laboratory, Kashi, Meridian Valley labs, R.E.D labs and ZRT laboratories
ALCAT Europe comprehensive food and environmental allergy testing.
Other tests: We also run some simple tests in the clinic such as a zinc taste test, pH testing, Raglands postural blood pressure test, intuitive diagnostic energy scanning as well as assessing all of your external and environmental stressors. As a matter of routine I review all patients medical and blood tests (with permission!).
I look forward to assisting you 🙂
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: Sports Nutrition Clinic Services | Andrea Cullen
You must log in to post a comment.