Functional Diagnostic testing can be incredibly helpful in the diagnostic work up of patients suffering with chronic health problems….
Do you suffer from any of the following problems?
- Chronic gastrointestinal problems such as IBS, post-infectious IBS, leaky gut, food allergies, food sensitivity, histamine intolerance, inflammation, ulcers, leaky gut, Crohns disease, Ulcerative colitis, etc.?
- Skin problems such as acne, rosacea, psoriasis, itchy skin, hives, eczema, or urticaria?
- Chronic fatigue syndrome or Fibromyalgia?
- Autoimmune conditions such as arthritis
- Elevated cholesterol or heart disease (may be linked to certain microbes)
- Thyroid problems
- Elevated levels of toxic metals?
- Depression, anxiety, or other central nervous system conditions
- Food allergies, gluten intolerance, or multiple chemical sensitivities?
- the list goes on and on and many conditions may seem very far removed from the health of the gut and the functioning of the local immune system in the gut; but they are not! See here for a nice review on Dysbiosis of the gut microbiota in disease
And have you had exposure to any of these?
- Antibiotics as a child
- Multiple courses of antibiotics as an adult
- Severe food poisoning or gastro bugs or gastro-flu
- History of foreign travel
- Well water or exposure to water of questionable quality
- Oral contraceptive pill, stomach acid blockers/ proton pump inhibitors, or steroid medication exposures
- High stress levels
- Poor diet; notably high intake of sugar or foods containing antibiotics or glycophosphates (e.g. processed wheat), or alcohol
- Pets and farm animals
It may be easier than you think to diagnose a significant causative factor to your chronic health problems…