As a trained pharmacist I have a deep understanding that you never just stop a patient on their med’s. However, information is key also.
If you are on a statin it is worth educating yourself on:
- the truth about cholesterol and its importance for health
- the truth about heart disease and inflammation
- natural diet and supplement alternatives
- Supplements to take when on a statin medication; correct dosing of statin medications (lower doses are just as effective and far safer should your consultant feel that you must be taking a statin)
- the truth about statin side effects and how to prevent or treat them
I can help if you need more advice and support.
Some helpful links:
Dr. Duane Graveline’s blog: Spacedoc
Statin Nation: here
The cholesterol myths by Dr Uffe Ravenskov: here
My hero Dr Mark Houston: here
Dr. Sinatra here (bit too much emphasis on selling his supplements; advice is accurate)
This is a snippet worth watching:
If you need advice or support please contact me: