This is a quick recipe to add to your routine to assist with muscle soreness, improve recovery and also aid your digestive system, liver and overall health.
This is the bare basic bones of it; so don’t be afraid to switch your protein source around (e.g. hemp or brown rice or casein before bed), or add other goodies such as a dash of dark green leaves (e.g. spinach, rocket), cacao powder, or berries. Not everyone has the time to do fancy, so I kept it simple here and I do encourage you to play around with this recipe.
What you need:
- 1 small piece of fresh turmeric or approximately 1 heaped teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of honey
- 1 serving whey protein
- Whole-fat organic or raw milk
- If you can stomach it a dash of black pepper will assist the absorption of the turmeric, there is sufficient fat in the milk to further enhance absorption.
- Place all your ingredients and milk to your desired volume into a nutribullet and blitz.
- If you need additional anti-inflammatory support then consider adding some ginger; if pain is an issue a dash of cayenne pepper will also help as strong as you can handle!.
- Enjoy after training or before bed.
PS My injury is healing wonderfully, see here for my updated blog post on healing an injury