excellent article that everyone wanting to heal their guts should read.
- High fibre foods are often high in carbohydrates which can be problematic for people with diabetes or those trying to achieve ketosis.
- People aiming for a low carbohydrate diet often avoid all carbohydrates, including fibre, however this may not be optimal for gut health or overall nutrition in the long term.
- This article highlights nutrient dense, low carbohydrate sources of fibre that will have a minimal effect on blood glucose levels while helping to support gut health.
Dr Michael Ruscio
The human gut and the bacteria that inhabit it are still largely a mystery. However the latest research indicates that it is important.
I recently heard an intriguing information-packed interview with Michael Ruscio on Episode 985 of Jimmy Moore’s Livin’ La Vida Low Carb Show where he said that:
- Some people don’t do well with a very low carb approach in the long term;
- Some studies indicate that a very…
View original post 4,555 more words