Here is an article that I stumbled on today that is worth re-blogging.
Please note that apart from the following short intro this is not my writing and is taken from http://www.mindbodygreen.com
If I was to add any words to this to all women it would be:
To love yourself,
To step into your divine feminine strength and power while being graceful and gentle,
To follow your heart,
To listen to your fabulous female intuition,
To never doubt (for too long!),
To allow your partner to be equally strong and vulnerable,
To nurture your creativity,
To give everything a shot,
To love your body and allow it to be where it feels best,
To quit reading magazines about body, weight, and fashion they ALL are marketing something based on finding your weak spots,
To celebrate one another’s strengths
Quit gossiping and finding faults in others,
Don’t compromise all that you are in the workplace – the world needs more women, being women.
Stick to your choices,
Remember that your daughters can read your mind; speak nicely in your thoughts,
Don’t ever diet in the presence of children or teach them that there are bad and good foods,
Be mindful of every word spoken to others and to yourself
and did I say…. Love yourself!!
Love yourself like no other will,
and to let love in…
To read the full article by Dr. Amy Shah please click here http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-15441/10-things-i-wish-every-woman-knew-about-health.html
In summary Dr. Shah writes:
I promised myself this year that I would share some transformational health truths with all the women in my life — including you.
Why? I have a mom, young daughter, so many female family and friends I care so deeply about, and I really felt that I have a duty to give back and share the most important points all women should know about their health (in my opinion, of course).
Who am I? I don’t claim to be the worlds expert on women’s health but wanted to share my experience in the medical field. I think my thinking has changed, moulded and (sometimes flipped) through the education in medical school, hospital training and real world and I am simply sharing that with you.
These are the 10 things I want every woman to know:
1. Taking time for self-care is not selfish.
2. You have choices beyond the birth control pill.
3. Your body will never be the same after puberty, pregnancy and menopause — but that’s OK.
4. Health is never a number.
5. All those things that you think make you “pretty” can also harm your body.
6. Heart attacks are still the number one killer of women.
7. You are especially prone to depression, anxiety and insomnia — so change your outlook now.
8. Learn the easy ways to prevent cancer.
9. You are living EVEN longer than men today, so live it well!
10. Food is stronger than any medicine you take.
Please click the link for the full article to read more.
With love, Andrea
PS here is another helpful article on the same webpage: 5 signs you’re not respecting yourself