I have written about hummus before with a fast easy recipe as posted here for Hummus-tastic Hummus.
Food Flickr also posted a super recipe for a fast healthy hummus this week; this is their Facebook page link https://www.facebook.com/Foodflicker
Don’t let home-cooking scare you!
“Healthy cooking is about taking a recipe and making it better;
It isn’t something that should be exclusive to gourmet chefs….
Just start with what you are familiar with and make it better”.
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- Herb Blitz (ask for recipe sheet if you don’t already have one)
- ½ lemon – juiced
- 1 heaped teaspoon dried cumin
- Extra virgin olive oil – as required
- Himalayan salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Drain the beans.
- Place the beans, herb blitz, lemon juice, and dried cumin in the Nutribullet or if you don’t have one then in the blender or in a bowl if using a hand held blender.
- Blitz adding sufficient extra virgin olive oil as necessary to get the mixture moving.
- Season to taste.
Black beans and chickpeas – you may wish to use freshly soaked and cooked ones instead of the canned variety. Black beans have a higher antioxidant content than chickpeas and there is no reason that you cannot use them for hummus making even though it deviates from the traditional recipe.
Beans, dried cumin, lemon juice, herb blitz blend, seasoning and extra virgin olive oil.
Freshly blitzed; mine is very green as I used a LOT of my herb blitz in this recipe. This contains one large packet of coriander and ½ a large packet of parsley in addition to the other herbs and turmeric.
Served up ready for enjoyment; I see there is one rogue black bean in there!
Please do add your feedback and suggestions for all to share.